ONLINE NEWS REPORTERS AND WRITERS WANTED FOR IMMEDIATE EMPLOYMENT.
Nature of Employment: Full and part time/freelance.
- Five years’ experience in a leading newspaper or magazine.
- Higher National Diploma or First Degree certification.
- Demonstrable evidence of work done to support documentary evidence.
- Impeccable writing, reporting and editing skills.
Specific Requirements: Vacancy is open only to reporters with experience in the following beats:
- Gadgets, Handheld devices, Electronics, Computers and related devices.
- Tourism & Aviation.
- Business & Economy.
- To regularly source for, analyse, research and report news events of general interests from any part of the country.
- To report news and current affairs development in a timeously and in a manner consistent with editorial standards and requirements.
- To periodically initiative, research and write news features and articles about a given industry or subject matter of interest.
- To develop and maintain head shots of prominent news sources and news makers.
- To identify, source for and maintain cordial relations with news sources with the intent to generate, analyse or confirm news developments at regular intervals.
- To gather, evaluate or analyse news hints, tips, or leads in order to develop story ideas and stories.
- To maintain cooperative relations with major news agencies for the purpose of getting news leads and background to news developments.
- To arrange news materials, determine news slant and write news stories in line with the editorial policy of the news organisation.
- To liaise with spokespersons and lead contact persons of government organisations (MDA’s) and private sector organisations for information and news developments.
Method of Application: Interested candidates should send their CVs and a cover letter indicating the position applied for to Rovingnaija@gmail.com
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 28/01/2019
Rovingnaija.comFollow us on social media