fbpx
Local NewsNewsSecurity

Buhari has reduced terrorism to almost nothing but they say he has failed – Keyamo

Minister of state for labour and employment, Festus Keyamo, says president Muhammadu Buhari is being wrongly accused by opposition parties.

In an interview on Trust Television on Monday, Keyamo, who is also the spokesman of the Bola Tinubu Campaign Council, said the Buhari administration achieved some success in curbing the activities of Boko Haram by collaborating with neighbouring countries.

The minister said when Buhari assumed power in 2015, Boko Haram had more than 14 LGAs under its control.

“The cliche that the government has failed has become a song that the opposition has virtually rammed down the throats of everybody without looking at the details of what we have done,” the All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain said.

“We inherited the Boko Haram problem. At that time, they had taken over more than 14 local governments in the north-east and hoisted their flags.

“We inherited the farmers-herders crisis that had been going on even before Obasanjo’s time. Boko Haram has not been totally wiped out but it has reduced significantly because we constructively engaged our neighbours.

“We reduced them to almost nothing.”

Follow us on social media
Tags
Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Close
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker